Advice for Sri Lanka phone users is provided here. Now Corona virus is spreading in Sri Lanka like in India, USA and other parts of the world. Currently the Government is in control of the situation. In many districts, Army, Navy, Air Force, Police and Health Department are working round the clock to prevent the spread of the virus. To make this effort a successful one, Government had announced that those who spread false information on this Corona virus will be arrested and will be prosecuted. So don't share anything about Corona virus Video, Images, articles, messages through your mobile phone or through social media to avoid unnecessary legal problems. As of today nearly 17 people had been arrested for spreading false messages to the public. So when you are using Smartphone to visit specially Facebook account don't upload fake video clips, suspicious images and fake News and comments to your page. With your phone's IP address you will be get caught and can be prosecuted.
In Sri Lanka,
CID arrest individual for spreading fake news.
- It is against the Law, to use mobile phone without IMEI number. (Dial *#06# to get your IMEI Number.)
- SIM card must be from a carrier under your name, NIC number and address. Dial #132# from your mobile phone.
- In Sri lanka a person can have maximum 5 numbers of SIM cards from a carrier under her/his name.
- It is against the Law to use the SIM that was registered under another person's name.
- Don't use mobile phone while driving or walking as it is against the law.
- Do not take photos or videos in restricted areas and in front of (disrespecting) the Buddha statues. (Violation may lead to criminal prosecution).
- It is not allowed to take photos near to a running train.
- If the phone is lost or stolen report it to the nearest police station and get a copy of that complaint and report it to your carrier along with it and get your new SIM card. And then report it to Telecommunications Regulatory Commission of Sri Lanka along with these documents.
- TRC will assist to recover the phone or will make it unusable. But you can't contact TRC directly or lodge complaint about the loss of phone.
- Don't buy mobile phones from unknown people to avoid legal problems.
- The CDMA phone connection is meant for to be used in the registered address only.
- CDMA phone can't be used as a mobile phone as some people carrying it in their cars and vans. It is against the law.
- Reload Smartphone with call minutes and data plan separately. Using call minutes for data plan? It will be expensive than the data plan price.
- Beware of free Wi-Fi hotspots as they may plant tracking scripts in Smartphones, when you happened to connect to the internet through their Wi-Fi Hotspot.
- Always keep your phone's Bluetooth setting in "off" position as some people try to send scripts to control your phone. Switch it "on" whenever in need of the Bluetooth activity.
- If you are getting unwanted calls and/or SMS to your mobile phone, complain it to your carrier and to the local police.
- Using Smartphone's "Block Call" App can stop these annoying calls and SMS text messages.
- Don't open MMS and SMS text messages that are coming from unknown people as they may contain malware or scripts to control your Smartphone.
- Always try to reload (top up) account with more than Rs 500/-, if you gave a wrong number, you can recover that money with the assistance of the re-load provider.
- If you are using a Smartphone, install "locate my phone app". This will help you to locate your phone, in case it is lost or missing.
- Don't call back missed foreign calls. As it is a hoax and it can give you a large phone bill for the call you made.
- Time to time clean the cached data from your memory for to speed up the phone.
- Don't visit unknown websites or Install
suspicious Apps that are not good.
How do you know that your Smartphone is having bad scripts in it?
1. You will need to charge your phone frequently.
2. Data is going out quickly.
3. Your phone is responding very slowly.
If you see these your phone is planted with some bad scripts and you will need to clean it manually.
- Don't scan unnecessary QR Codes as they can steal your personal information.
Can make other persons to transfer funds from your Bank A/C to their accounts.